Monday, April 1, 2013

ARC Review: All the Broken Pieces Cindi Madsen

All the Broken PiecesPreviously posted on my Goodreads page
Title: All the Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen
Source/Format:Elana Johnson, (Entangled Publishing), E-galley
Age Range: YA
Publisher/Publication Date: Entangled Publishing, December 11, 2012

My thoughts:


    What just happened? No really, what just happened? Never have I ever been more shocked by a book in my life. I just don’t know what I should say about All the Broken Pieces. Well I do know one thing for sure: this book was phenomenal and original. I haven’t read a book like it. All the Broken Pieces was like a fresh breath of air to me. Cindi Madsen is definitely an author I’ll be watching for future works.

     Liv is literally broken, and she doesn’t know why. She did go through such a terrible ordeal; it’s justified to feel so…messed up. Her reaction to it all will suck you into the story, and hold you there, anxiously on the edge of your seat just to see what’s really going on. The parents seemed to really care about liv, but I couldn’t help but think that there was something really off about them. Liv goes through a roller-coaster of emotions as she tries to navigate her life. Along the way she makes a few friends, but she struggles to fit in. Spencer is just a sweet guy, and as the story progresses we get to see why he was so aloof when they first met.

     One word: original. The story wasn’t predictable, and I loved that fact. Madsen threw so many curveballs into All the Broken Pieces that I was stunned when the conclusion came. I literally had to reread it to make sure that I’d read it right. The Conclusion can be described in one word, shocking, which sums up this book. I mean shocking in a good way too. Madsen did a fantastic job; she wove a story that’s bound to be a hit. Five stars!
I absolutely loved it.  I would recommend it to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...