Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)Title: Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Click title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Purchased, Paperback
Age Range: YA
Publisher/Publication Date: Little, Brown Books For Young Readers September 27, 2011



My Thoughts:

     Wow, I think this book goes beyond the meaning of fantastic.  I admit that I was hesitant on reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, because the last book I read that had a lot of hype about it fell kind of flat for me.  But I got the book, and I loved it.  Taylor presented a book that was about angels and demons, but the way she did it just set Daughter of Smoke and Bone apart from all the others.
   We are introduced to Karou, a girl with blue hair, and a sketchbook full of monsters.  What no one knows is that the creatures in her sketchbooks are all too real.  Brimstone by far was one of my most favorite secondary characters, along with Zuzana.  Brimstone was a real mystery from the start, and it isn’t until later in the book that we find out what he really did.  Akiva was also mysterious, from the moment he first appeared; you got the feel that he was tortured and conflicted by something that happened in his past.
   The concept of the story showed how awesome Taylor is when it comes to making up plots, and twists.  I also found the usage of bones and teeth and the meaning that they held fascinating.  I really liked this book and I can’t wait to read Days of Blood and Starlight.
I absolutely loved it. I would recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...