Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Gravity by Melissa West

Gravity (The Taking, #1) Title: Gravity (Click title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Purchased, Paperback
Age range: YA
Publisher/Publication Date: Entangled Teen, December 18, 2012



My Thoughts:

     Gravity put an interesting twist on the dystopian genre by integrating Aliens into the mix.  I liked that it wasn’t all about some great love story, and that it had an actual storyline to it.  However, I felt that some parts lacked a little detail, but that didn’t take away from the overall greatness of the plot.  I liked the general concept of Gravity, and the ending left me wanting to know what happens next.

     Ari Alexander is supposed to be the next Commander.  She’s trained for it all her life, and her father expects her to do it.  And then Jackson Locke steps into the picture—he tests Ari’s loyalty, and makes her feel things she wasn’t trained for.  He really throws a monkey-wrench into Ari’s normal routines.  I really liked seeing them interact with each other.  I did not like how Ari’s father made almost every important decision for her like who she had to get married to.  I just felt like he wasn’t really listening to what she had to say to him.  Gravity was pretty good, and I liked the story and can’t wait to see where it goes next, but I wish that it hadn’t been so short. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...