Friday, May 10, 2013

Review: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)Title:The Immortal Rules (Click on title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Borrowed from library, Hardcover
Age Range: YA
Publisher/Publication Date: Harlequin Teen, April 24, 2012




My Thoughts:

     Ok, first off: Dystopian + Vampires= how can you go wrong with that?  Well, so many ways, but that’s not what happened here.  Wow, I have to say that I loved The Immortal Rules, and honestly it’s one of the better dystopian books I’ve read this year.  Kagawa has done it again.  She’s crafted another fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat, full of action novel with an extraordinarily twisted plot and finely honed characters.  Needless to say, I will be moving The Eternity Cure up on my list of things to read.

     The Immortal Rules follows Allison (Allie) Sekemoto, an unregistered, who is just trying to survive in a cruel world dominated by vampires.  She lives in a place called the Fringe with other unregistered's.  Soon, trouble plagues Allie, and she ends up making a decision that changes the course of her life.  As a vampire, she struggles with controlling herself, while clinging to the shreds of her old life.  She has Kanin, the vampire that turned her, to help her, but even then, nothing was stable, and soon she’s forced to leave the city she’s known since birth. I loved seeing Allie develop as a character, as she fit into her new role, as well as trying to do the right thing despite her new nature.

     As I said before, the plot had me on the edge-of-my-seat wondering what happened next.  There were some really intense fighting scenes that had me wondering if Allison was going to pull through.  From the way The Immortal Rules ended, I honestly have no clue what’s going to happen in The Eternity Cure, but I can’t wait to find out.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...