Monday, July 21, 2014

Musing Mondays (1)


     Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, that asks you to muse about one of the following each week...
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musings for the week...

Trilogy ends, sometimes I kind of dread them because my expectations might run a little higher than it would be for a debut book. I'm invested in the books, the characters, and I want to see how it ends. But I still have my reservations. Regardless I've come across a few good trilogy end's that I've already read this year, and I'm looking forward to a few more...

The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)

     The Warrior by Victoria Scott. I personally like this series since it's hard for me to find angel and demon books that can hold my attention for more than a millisecond.

The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw (The League of Princes, #3)

     The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy, a truly wonderful middle grade series with an interesting take on classic fairy tales.

     I'm sure I missed a few but I probably haven't read them.  So as far as the one's I'm looking forward to, all I can think of at the moment is one:

Double Vision: The Alias Men (Double Vision, #3)
 Double Vision: Alias Men by F.T. Bradley

     So that's it for my musing this week.  But what about you guys, do you have any hesitation when going into trilogy end's, or are you just excited to see where your favorite characters end up?

2 comments:

  1. I am sometimes sadden when a series ends. I do love it when they have what I call an elegant ending. That does not always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those "elegant endings" don't always happen, but when they do it's always a joy to see where the characters end up. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...