Monday, December 21, 2015

The Books of 2015

Since the year is almost over, it’s about time to look back on the year, specifically, the books. This post is going to focus on all of the books I liked and reviewed this year, give or take a few.

It’s always nice to discover a new book that ends up being a favorite. Last year, I more hesitant to step out of my comfort zone, and while I did find new authors, it wasn’t that many. But this year, I’ve tried to do better and give more books a try. On the other hand, it was also nice to keep up with series/trilogies by author’s I was already familiar with.

New favorites…

  • A.G. Howard: I enjoyed Howard’s take on Wonderland, and though I had a few issues with Splintered, I really enjoyed it.
  • Megan Shephard: I had the Madman’s Daughter on my shelf for a long time, and it was only during 2015 that I finally got around to reading it. The book was fantastic and Shephard’s writing style paired nicely with the story.
  • Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: One word: Illuminae. That book was epic, awesome in so many ways, and I look forward to the next book.
  • Mari Mancusi: Scorched is by far one of my favorite books featuring dragons.
  • Angelica Banks: Finding Serendipity was a ridiculously cute story and I’m really looking forward to the sequel coming out next year.
  • Kim Karalious: Basically the story was cute for the most part and proposed the idea of love going seriously awry with some terrible consequences.
  • Ray Bradbury: His style of writing is absolutely fantastic. The Halloween Tree was a really great story.
  • Brian Selznick: The Invention of Hugo Cabret was just a really lovely book. The illustrations were also fantastic so obviously I will be reading more novels by Selznick.
  • Alexandra Bracken: The Darkest Mind’s trilogy was fantastic and it was kind of nice that I didn’t have to wait for the books to come out (the plus side to waiting so long to start the trilogy).
  • Jennifer Latham: I read Scarlett Undercover earlier in the year and I really liked it.
  • Ryan Graudin: Graudin’s style of writing is easy to get into, and I look forward to reading more of her novels.
  • Sherry Thomas: The Elemental Trilogy is just one of my favorites. I'm glad that I finally got around to reading it.
  • Neil Gaiman: I read Coraline in October and I have to say that I really liked it. There were some differences between the book and the movie. And while I did enjoy the film, the ending to the book was an aspect of the story I liked better.
Review List…
Old favorites…
  • Victoria Schwab: I read the second book to The Archived series, and I liked it.
  • Madeleine L’Engle: For obvious reasons I finished reading A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet this year. I had the omnibus edition with the first three books, and I liked A Wrinkle in Time. So I was curious to see the next part of the characters story.
  • Stephanie Thomas: I read the second book of her series, Lucidity, and I liked it better than the first.
  • Melissa West: Hover was a good book and I need to eventually read the last novel of the trilogy.
  • Amanda Sun: Rise was just a really good short story and If you have read the series then I recommend checking it out.
Review List…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...