Friday, July 8, 2016

The Friday 56 (69) Love Charms and Other Catastrophes by Kimberly Karalius

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE
25819497Synopsis from Goodreads...

Sometimes love comes gift-wrapped…literally...

Aspiring love-charm maker Hijiri Kitamura was excited to come back to Grimbaud for her sophomore year—until she learned about the upcoming charm-making competition. She, along with her friends and fellow rebels, had worked too hard to free the town from Zita’s tyrannical love fortunes to allow some other charm maker to move in and take over. The only solution is for Hijiri to win the contest herself.

Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done, especially when Love itself has decided to meddle in Hijiri’s life. Concerned that its favorite charm maker has given up on finding a love of her own, Love delivers a very special gift—the perfect boyfriend, specially crafted just for her...
"When he tried speaking, his voice caught in his throat and he coughed into his fist. Ken looked down at his hands, staring at his palms as if he could see through them. He tried again. This time, his voice was soft but firm."--Love Charms and Other Catastrophes by Kimberly Karalius
Comments: I was really excited to pick up this book since Love Fortunes and Other Disasters was one of my favorite 2015 reads. I've already read Love Charms and Other Catastrophes, but figured I might was well mention it here, as my Friday 56. What are you reading this week? 

24 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend read! Hope you are having fun with it! You can check out my Friday Meets on http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/friday-meets-08-july-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks really nice and the book sounds like a great read! I will be checking it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :D

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of this one. Delightful and charming. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charming is definitely the word I would use to describe both books in the Grimbaud series. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  4. This is a new one for me. It sounds like a great story. I'm working my way through TBR mountain and landed on Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly, I haven't started the Throne of Glass series; although, I do have the first book on my shelf. Enjoy your current read!Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I will be reading this soon! It was added to my TBR pile recently and I enjoyed the first book so I am excited for this one!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/friday-reads-8th-july-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Love Charms and Other Catastrophes. It was a great sequel. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  6. This looks like a fun Read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  7. Looks like a delightful story! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a really cool contemporary read! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine if you'd like to check it out.
    https://travellingthroughwords.wordpress.com/2016/07/08/book-beginnings-and-the-friday-56-3-egg-and-spoon-by-gregory-mcguire/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this sounds "charming"! LOL Such a cute cover and I bet there's some fun to be had with this plot.

    My Friday 56 from Scar Tissue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the concept is used to the fullest with this series. Both books are cute and charming, and Love's meddling is definitely entertaining. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  10. This looks so cute and adorable. Perfect for summer! Hope you enjoy and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  11. This sounds really fun and I love that cover! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds cute and a great cover, too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the cover and think I'll have to add this to my list...lol...thanks for visiting my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a new one to me, and it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...