Friday, September 9, 2016

The Friday 56 (76) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

16068905Synopsis from Goodreads... 

A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love... 

Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan. But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving. Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere. Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to. Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words... And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone. For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories? And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?
"It was almost like writing with Wren--back when she and Wren would sit in front of the computer, pulling the keyboard back and forth and reading out loud as the other person typed."--Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Comments: I'm finally reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. What are you reading this week?


24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I really wanna read this one! :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I've been curious about Fangirl, but have always put it off. Are you enjoying it? I hope you have a great weekend and thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked Fangirl more than I thought I would. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I actually enjoyed this one, which surprised me, since I'm not a "fan" of this type of fiction. But I had read Rowell's adult novels, and thought: why not?

    I found myself drawn into the isolation of the characters...more than the parts about Simon Snow. But the attachment to that character was another symptom of the isolation, IMO.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. The fandom part was fine, but the lives of the characters happened to be my favorite part of Fangirl. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I'm another one who has NOT read Fangirl yet. But I've heard so many great things about it that it actually stays on my TBR list. That synopsis is great. Hope you enjoy it! Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/friday-meets-09-september-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I've seen this book around but haven't read it. Sounds like I need to!
    My Friday post features CHESTNUT STREET by Maeve Binchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. I keep seeing this book. I will have to read it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. I really liked this one. It was my first book by the author. This week my book is a dystopia with dragons - Invisible Monsters by Joshua McCune. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. I keep meaning to read this. It seems like everyone likes it.

    My Friday 56 from Doggone It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Everyone raves about her books, but I haven't read anything by her. Hopw you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I heard a lot of good things before I decided to read Fangirl for myself. And, I did enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. I have this one on my e-reader and I've been wanting to read it for a long time. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. I have been trying to talk myself into reading more books by Rainbow Rowell but I have been unable to convince myself. I hope you enjoy it. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...