Monday, November 28, 2016

Music Monday (7) The Video Game Edition

   Rules:
  • Music Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren Stoolfire at Always Me that asks you to share one or two songs that you've recently enjoyed. For the rules, visit the page HERE 
I was mostly offline at the end of last week. I was pretty busy and took a somewhat impromptu break from the internet. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Anyway, welcome back to Music Monday. This week Adri and I are tackling some of our favorite video game trailers and theme songs, hence the title of this post.

My first pick this week is Glockenpop by Spiderbait, which is one of the songs featured in Little Big Planet. I always like to play the levels that use this song since it’s so catchy, and I don’t mind listening to it more than once in a ten minute timeframe (or however long it takes me to beat the level). From the Little Big Planet OST (original soundtrack), I think Glockenpop captures the feel of the game best.


My second pick is Blackheart by Two Steps From Hell, which is used in the PlayStation 4 trailer. I regularly listen to Two Steps From Hell. I really enjoy their music. So, I liked Blackheart even before it was used for the trailer. I might even have to do another post that features a couple more of my favorite Two Steps From Hell songs.

Well, since I'm becoming a permanent blogger here...

This week, we're focusing on video games so my selections are based off a game I fell in love with: Mirror's Edge. I found the game because the PlayStation store had some type of anniversary thing gong on at the time, and the game was free. At the end of the game, the song Still Alive sung by Lisa Miskovsky plays as the credits roll; unfortunately, I didn't care for the song at the time.  **Fun Fact: Still Alive is also the name of the song that plays at the end of Portal (Yet another pair of songs that share the same name).**


It wasn't until the reboot (which at the time, I mistakenly assumed was the sequel) was announced that I started to like Still Alive. However, history repeats and the same thing happened with Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I was not a fan of CHVRCHES' Warning Call, but of course, I found myself coming back to the song. I guess you could say I'm listening to this song until I can actually play Mirror's Edge Catalyst. **cries** :,-(


On a side note, I have also been listening to the soundtrack released by Solar Fields while playing the original Mirror's Edge. I love Savant, the Anchor District, and Catalyst.
What are some of your favorite video game theme songs?


5 comments:

  1. Chvrches!! I love their music. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Blackheart song, it definitely has that cinematic/ soundtrack feel. Chvrches is new to me but I like that one too, love the futuristic elements of the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackheart is one of my favorite songs. Two Steps From Hell has a lot of great music that does have a very cinematic feel. CHVRCHES is new to me too. The first time I heard of them was While working on this post with Adri. Thanks for stopping by. :D

      Delete
  3. I love these songs! I totally liked Glockenpop a lot more than I expected too. I also really want to try Mirror's Edge. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Glockenpop is a really good song. The first time I heard it, I instantly liked it. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...