Saturday, April 9, 2016

Movie Review: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I haven’t done a movie review in a long time. However, I wanted to share what I thought about a movie I recently saw. So, today, that's what I intend to do. From the title of the post, I'm sure you can guess which one. But first, a little more about it...

Title: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
Directed by Zack Snyder
Produced by Charles Roven & Deborah Snyder
Written by Chris Terrio & David S. Goyer
Release Date: March 25, 2016
CLICK HERE for the Official Website
So, I went to see Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. It wasn’t bad, and actually, I liked the film a whole lot more than I thought I would.

The story is basically about Batman (Bruce Wane, portrayed by Ben Affleck) and Superman (Clark Kent, portrayed by Henry Cavill) getting into a dispute. To me, it seemed like a warring of different opinions on how to handle injustice, as well as portraying themes of revenge and obsession. The tone was definitely darker without much humor to compensate for the bleak outlook of most scenes found throughout the movie.

Batman V Superman did have a lot of dialogue added between the scenes of tension and action. However, all the dialogue did set up a chain of events, which played out over the course of the film. The characters were both shown in their separate lives, and eventually how their situations collided. These things played a part in affecting Batman and Superman’s attitude towards one another.

There were parts that moved a little slower and were packed with information, but I didn’t mind them much. And when compared to what I liked about the film, it wasn’t that big of a fault. However, I do feel like the trailer provided some spoilers about what happened later in the film, which I was a little disappointed by. But, the visuals were nice; the cinematic score was dramatic and catchy, and a definite highlight was Wonder Woman, who I want to see more of (I have my fingers crossed in the hopes that Wonder Woman's independent movie will be good).

And then there was Alexander (Lex) Luthor (played by Jesse Eisenberg). I was not expecting his character to be done so well. At first appearance he seemed like, I don’t know, an ordinary person. But then, his troubling behavior evolved into something more sinister, which showed his true colors. In short, Lex Luthor was a convincing villain.

I tried to keep an open mind with the movie. So, I went in with the mindset of forming my own opinion. And overall, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn’t really that bad.

So, have you seen the movie yet? What did you think of it? Did you like it, hate it, or just feel sort of meh about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...