Monday, February 23, 2015

Musing Mondays (21)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My Musings for the Week....

This week I'm going to be answering the random weekly question: Do you enjoy debating / discussing the books that others are currently reading? Why, or why not?

My answer to this is going to be short. No, I don't enjoy debating/discussing the books that others are currently reading, because I think they should form their own opinion about it—especially if I've already read the book.  I don't want my opinion influencing how they view the book.  If they enjoy it, then they just do.  And if not, they're perfectly entitled to have that opinion. So once they do finish then we can have a discussion about it, even if our opinions differ.

What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. And don't forget another good reason to not have a conversation when a person is mid-way through a book -- unintentional SPOILERS. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one thing I forgot to mention. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like discussing books, but I don't think I've ever done while I was still reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I think finishing the book first before starting a discussion is better than doing so while you're still reading the book in question. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I have to admit, once I get started I tend to forget people I'm with might not be finished with a book. I need to pay attention more but I just get caught up I gues s-- that's no excuse though. Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/genre-crime/musing-mondays-6/#comment-4208

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...