Monday, July 27, 2015

Musing Mondays (35) Should it be a Movie or TV Show?

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My Musings for the Week...

This week for Musing Mondays I want to talk about movies and TV shows. This post will not about any specific books, so it’s going to be short.

So a while ago, I finally watched Jupiter Ascending (You can see my review HERE), and I didn’t like it. I got the story, but to me it felt completely unfinished. After posting my review, I thought about it a little more, and I definitely saw the potential the movie had. However, I think that it would have done better if it wasn’t a movie at all, but a TV show with a wider platform and more time to develop the world and work out all of the details. I think that the same could be applied to certain books with world building that might take longer to set up.

I want to know what you think: Would some books/movies do better as a TV show? 

6 comments:

  1. well I cannot think of many books that would succeed as either - obviously there are some To Kill a Mockingbird and Game of Thrones. I agree that a film has no time to develop characters unless over many such as Lord of the Rings and in that case yes TV drama- done well has a greater potential for books than film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Although I can't think of any good examples right now. Thanks for sharing, and here's my MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few that came to mind were Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, the Leviathan Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld, and even books by Tony DiTerlizzi. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. There are some that would. Most wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...