Friday, January 15, 2016

The Friday 56 (48) Guys Read: Terrifying Tales edited by Jon Scieszka


The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

Synopsis from Goodreads...

Be afraid, be very afraid of Terrifying Tales, the sixth volume in the Guys Read Library of Great Reading.

Eleven masters of suspense—Kelly Barnhill, Michael Buckley, Adam Gidwitz, Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown, Claire Legrand, Nikki Loftin, Daniel José Older, Dav Pilkey, R.L. Stine, and Rita Williams-Garcia—have come together to bring you a bone-chilling collection of original ghost stories with illustrations by Gris Grimly, perfect for sharing around the campfire, reading under the covers with a flashlight, and scaring your friends’ pants off.

Compiled and edited by kid-lit madman Jon Scieszka, Guys Read: Terrifying Tales is a creepy-fun read (if you’re brave enough, that is)...

Guys Read: Terrifying Tales"I peek down at Mrs. Carlson's front window and see the curtain twitch, like she's watching. I pull the kid toward me and whisper. "Listen dude, I don't know how much she's paying you, but it's not worth it. She's messed up.""--Guys Read: Terrifying Tales edited by Jon Scieszka

What's on your page 56 this week?

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like this one has great dialogue - I love the p.56 extract!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  2. Scary reads are normally not for me, but I think I could handle this one if they are short stories! You got me interested! Also, thanks for visitng my blog earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys Read: Terrifying Tales was a good collection of short stories. I liked them. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  3. Spooky! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I haven't read a good ghost story in quite some time, I like the looks of all the authors in this book!! My Friday 56
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/friday-56_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the authors they picked to do the stories were good choices. I enjoyed the majority of the short stories. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  5. It sounds awesome! Plus most anything with RL Stine's name on it is an auto-buy for me lol Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R.L. Stine's short story was one of my favorites from the collection. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love ghost stories! R.L. Stine is awesome! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a ton of fun to read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  8. Any time of the year is a good time for a creepy read. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite. A collection of scary stories! I'm going to check this out ASAP!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/15/the-friday-56-92-dead-things/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a few of the Guys Read series but not this one. Sounds good! The book I am featuring this week is Friday Barnes Girl Detective by R. A. Spratt. It's middle grade but I loved it! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifying Tales is the first book I've read in the Guys Read series, and I liked it. So, I would definitely like to eventually read a few more of them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. This sounds fun! Maybe like a spookier version of Just So Scary Stories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collection was really fun, and I'm curious about other works by some of the authors. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  12. Hi,
    Haven't read any of these. Love the cover. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guys Read is pretty cool - I'm glad to see Adam Gidwitz included here!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...