Monday, November 21, 2016

Musing Mondays (64) Random weekly Question(s) & Currently Reading

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My musings for the week...

I haven't done a Musing Mondays post in a while, and I figured that today I'm going to get caught up on some of the random weekly questions that I missed.

Random Weekly Question from October 10th:  Can you recall a time when you weren’t an avid reader?

Nope. I was probably too  young to remember.

Random Weekly Question from October 17th: Who are the key players in your current book? (or current themes, if nonfiction)

Yesterday, I just started reading The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell. The key players are Lin Rosenquist and her pet, Rufus.

Random Weekly Question from November 7th: Do you prefer fast-paced novels, or slow, descriptive novels?

Honestly, this question could go either way and I think it depends entirely on the book. Some are slow and saturated with descriptive prose, but if they're good--and I mean really good--then I don't mind the slower pace as long as I'm digging the story. Then, there are some that set a brisk pace, and I feel like the same sort of concept applies. I just don't think it matters as long as the story is good and the pace and descriptions ultimately serve a purpose. If it works it just works.

Random Weekly Question from November 14th: How has your reading changed in the last 10 years?


My reading hasn't changed that much in the last ten years. Except, I do read more and from a larger variety of genres, but that's about it.

Other musings...

To start out this week, I'm currently reading The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell.

20821109Synopsis from Goodreads...

Something is wrong in the house Lin's family rented. The clocks tick too slowly. Frost covers the flowerbed, even in a rain storm. And when a secret key marked "Twistrose" arrives for her, Lin finds in a crack in the cellar and unlocks a gate to the world of Sylver. This frozen realm is the home of every dead animal who ever loved a child. Lin is overjoyed to be reunited with Rufus, the pet she buried under the rosebush. But together they must find the missing Winter Prince in order to save Sylver from destruction…and they’re not the only ones hunting for the Prince...

What are you currently reading?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, Twistrose looks and sounds so tempting! Enjoy....and thanks for sharing your thoughts about your reading.

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that much of The Twistrose Key yet, but so far its good. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow that book does sound interesting! I've never heard of it before!

    Here's my post: http://twobirds1blog.blogspot.ca/2016/11/musing-mondays-fantastic-beasts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm new to your blog :) Twistrose sounds really good! I too participate in Musing Mondays! Here is the link to mine if you want to stop by and say hello!
    http://bookjunkiemom.blogspot.com/2016/11/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. I love fast-paced novels. With slower ones I usually skip ahead. Love the cover on The Twistrose Key. Hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks foe visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...