Friday, April 5, 2013

ARC Review: Conjure by Lea Nolan

Conjure (The Hoodoo Apprentice, #1) Previously posted on my Goodreads page
Title: Conjure by Lea Nolan
Source/ Format: Elana Johnson, (Entangled Publishing), E-Arc
Age Range: YA
Publisher/ Publication Date: Entangled Publishing, October 23, 2012



My thoughts:

     One word: Fabulous.
I love a good Hoodoo magic book, and Conjure by Lea Nolan did not disappoint. Nolan did an outstanding job capturing the mysterious and sometimes gross elements of Hoodoo, which made the book so much more enjoyable. Nolan created a fantastic world filled with danger and adventure that at some points left me saying out loud, “I don’t know anymore.” Needless to say, I enjoyed reading Conjure.

    Emma, the main character, is dealing with a mountain of trouble, after visiting her father for the summer. Thanks to her brother Jack, who was seemingly blinded by instantaneous love, they’ve unleashed something nasty. Cooper, oh, poor, poor Cooper, he’s such a nice guy, even though his family legacy is about as rotten as it gets. Missy, well, her name says it all. Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, why did you have to be such a creep from the start? The characters were unique, and I liked that. They weren’t generic, and they weren’t perfect. Even Emma had her faults, and lied to her brother and Cooper at one point. Still, that fact just enhances the story.

     The twist near the end…oh boy, you’re in for a real shocker. And the ending, oh, don’t even get me started. I’m so mad right now—mad that I have to wait for the next one to come out, that is. Take my advice: slow down, take your time, and don’t speed through this book. Because you’ll be wishing that you had the second one.

This e-copy was provided by the publisher, thank you!
I absolutley loved it. I would recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...