Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: The Collector by Victoria Scott

The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)Title: The Collector (Click on title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Purchased, Paperback
Age Range: YA
Publisher/ Publication Date: Entangled Teen, April 2, 2013




My Thoughts:

     From the second I saw the synopsis I’ve wanted to read The Collector, and then I finally got my copy.  I breezed through it in a few short hours, and wow, I have to say that I’m pretty impressed.  Scott did a remarkable job on putting a spin on the whole Soul Collector thing, making it almost entirely new.  The writing was entertaining with witty dialogue and snarky comments dropped into places you wouldn’t expect them to be.

     Most books I read aren’t portrayed from the viewpoint of the guy, and I have to say that I found it kind of refreshing.  Dante was exactly how the synopsis portrayed him to be: bad, and uncaring.  Still, there’s more to him than I originally thought there’d be.  Then there was Charlie, she was Dante’s polar opposite.  And it was entertaining to see Dante grow as he got to know her.  Also, there was romance but it wasn’t overbearing.   

     The plot started out running, and kept going until the very end.  There were some very minor things that I had an issue with, but overall it was a good book.  Oh, the ending, don’t even get me started.  I love it when the ending of a book surprises me with facts I didn’t even realize were there.  That’s exactly what the Collector did.  The ending also left a lot of things unfinished.  Needless to say, I have some questions that haven’t been answered.  Still, it left me wanting more and luckily the publication date for The Liberator isn’t too far away. 


I really like it.  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...