Monday, March 23, 2015

Musing Mondays (24)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB(Jenn) at A Daily Rhythm, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My Musings for the Week...

Usually when I think about book to movie adaptations the first ones that come to mind are the more recent ones like The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, and so on. Here’s a very short list of some of my favorite ones…

**I have not read all of the books that go along with the movies**
  • Matilda
  • Howl’s Moving Castle
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, & The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, & The Return of the King
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug, & The Battle of the Five Armies
  • How to Train Your Dragon
What are some of your other favorite book to movie adaptations?

10 comments:

  1. Howl's Moving Castle is one I've been meaning to watch for ages! It's my best friends favourite film ever and she keeps pushing me to watch it. Not sure if I will ever read the book though...
    I always take ages to get around to watching movie adaptations. There's just so many! However, I recently watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower and loved it. I also recently read The Book Thief so I'm planning on watching it soon - it's already bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorite book to movie adaptations.

      Delete
  2. Off the top of my head, some of my favorite adaptations include To Kill a Mockingbird and Silence of the Lambs.

    I loved the third Harry Potter film, feeling it go the essence of the book best, even with the parts it had to leave out.

    You can visit my MM at nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the third Harry Potter Movie. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorite book to movie adaptations.

      Delete
  3. I just watched Insurgent on the weekend - while it's not my favourite adaptation, they did a pretty good job of it! I love Harry Potter the best although the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were great!! My musing if you'd like to stop by http://hollykerr.ca/monday-musings-blogging-from-a-z-challenge/ Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorites. I agree, I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings & the Hobbit movies. :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy The Hunger Games adaptations. I also loved the first two The Hobbit movies...not so much the last one. Children of Men is a fantastic adaptation, much better than the book in my opinion.

    Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorite book to movie adaptations. :)

      Delete
  5. I think one of my favorites has been Hunger Games. They did a great job with the story and I love the casting. I loved Matilda, but I have not read the book. Having just FINALLY read the book for The Princess Bride, that is also one of my favorites. That is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the book for Matilda, but I really want to. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your favorite book to movie adaptations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...