Monday, January 25, 2016

Musing Mondays (44) Rereading Books Years Later...

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My Musings for the Week...

Random weekly question from January 18th: Do you have any particular “quirks” when it comes to reading? (eg. taking notes while reading, etc)

I do occasionally take notes when there's something I specifically want to remember (especially if it's relevant to my review, such as details I want to make note of). I'm good at remembering what I liked and disliked about a book, so notes aren't necessary most of the time. I also listen to music while reading. Having good music in the background just sort of works for me. Lately, I've listened to a lot of music by Grimes, Janelle Monae, Angel Haze, Tove Lo, & Halsey.

Other musings...
The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
One of my goals this year is to read some of the older books I have. But one of the things that crossed my mind is: Will I enjoy the books as much as I did the first time I read them? The answer to that, is that I'm not too sure. I liked them when I read them, but that was, as it stands, years ago. My reading tastes were different.

The Traitor in the TunnelI'm sure I'll still enjoy them, but wondering about my reactions (and possible differences) was something to think about. One series I plan to revisit is The Agency series by Y.S. Lee. I haven't read the last book (Rivals in the City). I do have the first three, which I binge-read back in 2012. From what I remember, they were really good.

A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1)I think my worry comes from the fact that my reading tastes have changed a lot. But on another breath, I still have my preferences and dislikes. That, at the very least, couldn't have changed too much where some of my favorite books are concerned. So, I look forward to tackling some of the older books as part of my 2016 blogging resolutions.

What kind of music have you been listening to lately?

2 comments:

  1. there are many books I enjoy re-reading - some from three or four decades ago - my tastes have changed and expanded but I think if they were well written books back when they may well still please you:) go for it and all the best happy reading;)
    http://albertareads.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Totally loved it, and it's nice to see that someone can actually listen to music and read at the same time! Like, omg, I can't do that unless I'm in a really, really good mood! Haha, anyway, I hope you get to enjoy your re-reads, maybe not as much as you used to, but still! :D

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...