Monday, August 8, 2016

Musing Mondays (58) Favorite Fictional Friendships

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My musings for the week...

Random weekly question: Name a book that you hope to re-read some day...

Well, I've kind of already somewhat accomplished that. This year, I've reread many of my favorite books from back before I started blogging. So, there was just never a review for them. However, there is one book I hope to have time to reread in the near future: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. The Iron King is the start of one of my all-time favorite series that centers on faeries.

Other Musings:

I’m always looking for those relationships beyond the love interests. It’s always great to see the main character interact or have some kind of established connection to the secondary characters. So, to start out this week I want to discuss some of my favorite fictional friendships. This can include anything from magical unicorns to dogs—just as long as it’s a close friendship of some kind. Although, secondary characters are preferred for this list, I’m willing to make exceptions.
Tuesday, Baxterr, and Blake Luckhurst from Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks: Baxterr is Tuesday’s faithful dog who was kind of magical to a certain degree, so it’s pretty easy to understand why they’re so close. But then there’s the friendship between Blake and Tuesday. They went from total strangers to close friends. Their friendship is one my favorite parts of the Tuesday McGillyCuddy series.

Fallon, Anais, and Nico from Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius: They behaved like normal friends—concerned for each other when one of them happened to be down because of…well, circumstances, and supportive when necessary. It was the kind of easy friendship that seemed to fit naturally in the story.


Iko and Cinder from the Cinder by Marissa Meyer: There’s so much I could say about this fictional friendship, and most of it would be a spoiler for those who haven’t started the series yet. So, I’m just going to leave it at that for today.

Zara and Isabelle (Issie) from Need by Carrie Jones: In Need, one of my favorite parts of the story was the friendship between Zara and Issie. They met pretty early on in the novel when Zara moved to the area after a personal loss, and got along great throughout the rest of the story.

Gwen Frost and Daphne Cruz from the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep: These two were so different that they were the least likely characters to end up as friends. But, yeah, they ended up being friends and their friendship was one of the best I’ve seen, and remains as one of my favorites. They go through some tough times, changing circumstances, emerging magic, and even a ridiculous number of life or death situations in a war against an evil god and his equally evil minions. But through it all, their friendship persisted.

Karou and Zuzana from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor: Despite Karou’s circumstances—and frequent absences—she remained as a close friend to Zuzana, and vice versa. This friendship was just great. End of discussion.
So, that was just a few of my favorite fictional friendships, there are others, but then it would be pretty impossible to fit them onto one post and keep it a decent length. So, what are some of your favorite fictional friendships?

8 comments:

  1. Fictional friendships are sometimes better than the fictional relationships. Now that the thought is put in my head I'm going to look for the friendships in the next book I read.

    Happy Monday!

    Danica @ A Redheaded Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much agree with you. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, but I can see how these connections would be fascinating. Thanks for sharing. Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean about fictional friendships, there are some fictional friendships that I ship harder than I do fictional romantic relationships. Which for me makes sense as the strongest and most constant relationship in my own life is a platonic one. As far as my personal favourite fictional friendships go, I'd have to definitely give it to the young!Marauders in the HPverse, and also the friendships between the Lords of the Underworld in the series of the same name by Gena Showalter.

    (here's my musing monday: http://twobirds1blog.blogspot.ca/2016/08/musing-monday-maze-runner-book-vs-movie.html)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Breana!

    I love your other musings. I recently read Melissa Grey's The Shadow Hour (the second book in The Girl At Midnight series) and I'd like to add Ivy and Dorian to your list. Those two were enemies have developed a friendship. I've loved reading and seeing their friendship blossom and that's the best part, they are just friends. :) I'd also like to second Lauren's Lords of the Underworld friendship suggestion. Those guys have a brilliant bond.

    I read The Iron King a while ago but never got round to reading the rest of the series. Perhaps now is the time for a re-read and finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of the books in The Girl at Midnight series, but I've added it to my Goodreads TBR list. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...