Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Netflix and Books Tag

To start out this week, I’m going to do a book tag instead of Musing Mondays. Recently, I was tagged by Gennifer Eccels @Ready, Set, Read to participate in the Netflix and Books tag. It seemed kind of fun, so, I thought I’d give it a try. So, thanks for tagging me Gennifer!

This tag was created by Erica from Novel Ink and Lauren from Bookmark Lit. You can find the original posts HERE and HERE. You can also find the rules for the tag on the original posts, so, if this seems like something you want to participate in, definitely check those out. And, with that out of the way, let’s get started.
Sleepy Hollow: series that should have ended earlier

Technically, Sleepy Hollow is still going but with all the recent changes I’m pretty much done with the show. Anyway, for this one, I picked the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the opening installments of this series. But eventually, I just sort of stalled on this one. I haven’t continued on past the last book I have on my shelf.

Doctor Who: long series you loved

Looking back, I realize that I haven’t read many series that are too long. I’ve started some, finished a few, but the majority of them were trilogies. The two that I can think of off the top of my head are Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep and the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I liked Kagawa’s spin on the fey, and I enjoyed Estep’s take on mythology.

Friends: best cast of characters/friendships


I seriously loved the characters from The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. I was a little sad when the series was over, but the adventures of the Grace siblings are still some of my favorites ever.

Supernatural: favorite paranormal/fantasy

For this one, I’m choosing The Cambion Chronicles by Jaime Reed, specifically the first book, Living Violet. I read that book a while ago, and it’s still one of my favorite paranormal novels.

Freaks & Geeks: left you wanting more


Rain: A Natural and Cultural History by Cynthia Barnett was thought provoking. It was a satisfying read, but I wanted more. I could read about the environment all day if it was approached in the same style that Barnett brought to the table for Rain.

Parks and Recreation: made you laugh out loud


Oh, this one is easy. Recently, there was one book that really made me actually laugh out loud. It was Wintersmith by Terry Prachett. Wintersmith had some genuinely funny moments that were unexpected and highly entertaining.

The Bernie Mac Show: best family or parents

Angel Seriki’s parents from Michelle Johnson’s Oleah Chronicles were definitely some of the best I’ve seen. Johnson did a fantastic job of setting up the relationship between Angel and her parents in a way that seemed ordinary despite the extraordinary—and supernatural—circumstances.

Liv and Maddie: should have a spin-off


I really enjoyed the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld, the ending was a good one. It basically wrapped up the story in a way, but it was still a little open-ended. It left the characters at another beginning, and only hinted at more possibilities. I wouldn’t mind another book or two to see where the main cast ended up.

Mythbusters: couldn’t stop reading

Illuminae by Amie Kaufam and Jay Kristoff was one of the best books I read last year. I literally read it in one sitting and immediately wished I had the next book. Speaking of Gemina, I can’t wait for it to come out in October.
I only picked a couple of the prompts to do since there were a lot of them. Anyway, as usual, I’m not going to tag anyone specifically. If this seems like something you want to do, well then go for it, because I tag you….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...