Monday, July 28, 2014

Musing Mondays (2)


     Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, that asks you to muse about one of the following each week:
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musings for the week...

     Let's talk about bookends: to use bookends or to not use bookends? It seems like a simple question to answer but once I sat down to really think about it, I realized that I don't use them. As someone with a lot of books you would think that I would have at least one set, but no...I guess I never saw the need to. But they do come in a variety of shapes, sizes, styles, and colors that could fit the decor of any room.  So here's why I personally don't use them: I don't keep books on my desk, and my shelves are usually stuffed-to-the-brim, so there's just no space for them. So in the end its a good thing I don't own any since they would just end up collecting dust on some shelf...or on the floor since I don't have much space left on my shelves.
     So, what about you guys do you use bookends?  Maybe just for decoration or serious use to hold up your books?

3 comments:

  1. I am just the opposite. I love book ends and have them at the end of most of my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like bookends--but I guess technically I'd never need to use them, as my bookshelves are pretty stuffed! But--I do like the look of bookshelves that aren't wall to wall books--I like to have bookends, photos, etc there too. So--put me in the "uses them as decoration" column! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JC Jones & Bookmammalmusings, it's interesting to see both sides! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...