Friday, January 25, 2019

The Friday 56 (146) & Book Beginnings: Dracula by Bram Stoker

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

14800993
Synopsis from Goodreads...
Written in the form of letters, diary entries, and news bits, Dracula chronicles the vampire's journey from his Transylvanian castle to the nighttime streets of London. There, he searches for the blood he needs to stay alive - the blood of strong men and beautiful women - while his enemies plot to rid the world of his frightful power. The now-famous cast of characters includes the English solicitor Jonathan Harker; his fiancee, the enchanting Mina Murray; and Van Helsing, the mysterious Dutch doctor and expert vampire killer...


Beginning: "Left Munich at 8:35 p.m. on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6;46, but train was an hour late."

56: "Close at hand came the howling of many wolves. It was almost as if the sound sprang up at the raising of his hands, just as the music of the great orchestra seems to leap under the baton of the conductor." 


Comments: I finally read Dracula by Bram Stoker and can officially cross it off my TBR list. What area you reading this week? 

18 comments:

  1. Love that opening line about the train! Some things never change XD
    My Friday 56 this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. While I like stories about vampires, I haven't read this one. I am not a fan of "classics" of any genre. This week I am spotlighting Whispers Under Ground by Ben Aaronovitch as I try to finish a series I just discovered. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of vampires, but the Old School ones, like Dracula, are fascinating. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book! I've reread it many times. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why. Dracula is a fascinating story. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Although I know the basic story, I have actually read this classic. You've got me curious about it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a similar boat before I read Dracula. That being said, knowing the basic plot of the story didn't affect my enjoyment of the book. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I started this one years ago, but never finished it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling myself that I am going to read this, but yet I still haven't. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do want to read this if for no other reason than to say I read it. Ha! My Friday Quotes from The Great Alone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always good when you can cross off one you've wanted to get to for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...