Friday, November 13, 2020

The friday 56 (189) & Book Beginnings: Artificial Condition by Martha Wells

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Synopsis from Goodreads...

It has a dark past – one in which a number of humans were killed. A past that caused it to christen itself “Murderbot”. But it has only vague memories of the massacre that spawned that title, and it wants to know more. Teaming up with a Research Transport vessel named ART (you don’t want to know what the “A” stands for), Murderbot heads to the mining facility where it went rogue. What it discovers will forever change the way it thinks…


Beginning: "SecUnits don't care about the news."

56: "I sent an acknowledgment. I was trying to isolate why I felt so uneasy."


Comments: I finally read the second book in the Murderbot Diaries series, Artificial Condition. I loved the story and am looking forward to the next book. What are you reading this week?

12 comments:

  1. Now I am curious! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you enjoyed Artificial Condition. I have heard such great things about the Murderbot series and Martha Wells. I would like to give it a try one of these days. I hope you have a great weekend! Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is one of my favorites, and I highly recommend it especially if you like science fiction. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I really need to get back to this series. I loved the first one.
    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this series, I just need to read it. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It is a fast-paced read. It's partly due to how short the story is. That being said, it was a fantastic read. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This sounds good. The cover is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...