Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Reading Habits Book Tag

Today I'm participating in the Reading Habits Book Tag created by TheBookJazz. This one has been around for a while, but it seemed like it might be fun to answer the questions anyway. As always, don't forget to check out the original video HERE

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I usually just read at my desk since its closer to where I keep the majority of my books. Plus I have a lamp there that provides the perfect amount of light for reading.

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Sometimes I'll use a bookmark, but I hardly do.  Most of the time I just dog ear the tops of the pages.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?


Honestly, I can stop reading at any point of the book. It doesn't have to be at the start of a new chapter or after a certain amount of pages.  It depends solely on when I feel like putting the book down or need to stop and do other things.

Do you eat or drink while reading?

I sometimes drink water, but I usually leave the book behind if I'm about to eat. The last thing I want to do is spill something on it. Food stains on a book would be a pretty terrible thing.

Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

I actually like to listen to music while reading. TV is a little more distracting, but I've done it before and there's a high probability that I'll do it again in the next few days.

One book at a time or several at once?

Oh, definitely one book at a time. In fact, I like to give myself at least a week to finish a book and the review before moving on to something else.

Reading at home or everywhere?

At home—I don't like reading when I'm out since there's too many things that would end up distracting me.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Mostly I'll read silently in my head unless I'm reading parts of a book to someone else during a discussion or something like it.

Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

What?  Read ahead?  Skipping Pages?  I'd like to say no way. However, its a little more complicated than that. I won't skip ahead especially if its a book that I'm enjoying.  Now if its something that's failing to get my interest I might skip a number of pages to see if I want to even continue on with the book in question.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Uh, I really don't care about the spines of my books, so breaking them isn't a problem for me.

Do you write in your books?

Uh-uh, no. I don't write in my books under any circumstance.  I might dog ear the pages but writing in them is a big no for me. I'd rather use Post It's to stick little notes in the books if I really needed to.

Who do you tag?

I tag anyone who wants to participate.

Don't forget to visit TheBookJazz over on Youtube. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...