Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekend Tidbits {#2}: Review Copies, Homemade Things, & Waterfalls

When I originally thought of doing some kind of occasional weekend post, I already knew that it wasn’t going to be a weekly thing. It’s going to be, as I said above, occasional. All this post is about is the things I’m currently doing or maybe even look forward to. And at the very end I’ll name a place that I wish was a book setting and my choice of tea for the day.

Earlier this week I received two books for review. The first was Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science and the World by Rachel Swaby—a finished review copy from Blogging for Books. And the second was an eARC of A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes from Penguin First to Read. I decided to dive into Headstrong first, because occasionally I use nonfiction books as something like a palate cleanser in between so many works of fiction.

Another notable aspect of this past week is that I tried homemade peppermint patties made with coconut oil, and I have to say that I’m entirely a fan of them. The coconut oil was a bit expensive, but I did enjoy them. Here is the recipe that was used: Peppermint Patties.

My pick for the setting this week is Barron Gorge National Park in Queensland, Australia, specifically Barron Falls. I like the overall look of this location, and think it would make a great setting for a novel.

Today’s tea is Vanilla Chai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...