Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Early Movie Review: Epic

Title: Epic
Director: Chris Wedge
Producer: Lori Forte, Jerry Davis
Writers: Tom J. Astle, Matt Ember
Release Date: May 24, 2013
For more information about the movie, visit the official site here.
My Thoughts:

     Epic was a cute, family friendly movie, with a few good points to it. Going into it, I knew that it wasn’t really my kind of movie, but I do have to admit that I liked it better than I thought I would. Epic, to be honest was more of a middle-grade level movie, with hints of action, and a dash of romance. Although the pacing was a little slow, and I found myself wishing that some of the void had been filled with something else besides talking. As for the plot itself, it was interesting enough. Epic presented the idea of there being a world alongside ours, hidden in plain sight, but so tiny that it wasn’t very noticeable, as well as the prospect of this world moving faster than ours. Basically, this other world was one that protected the forest from destruction. While not the most original scenario ever, there was the twist with the Leafmen, who are the warriors who fight to protect the forest. It was more of a movie about the balance between good and evil, as one side strives to destroy the other and seize complete control. The fights were interesting enough, but I would have liked a little more background information. The characters were ok, especially Mary Katherine, or as she likes to be called, M.K.. She is a teenage struggling to live with her father after the untimely death of her mother. It leads to her being swept up amidst the struggle between good and evil. Professor Bomba, M.K.’s father, was silly at best, but I liked how much he grew during the movie. There were a few light and humorous moments thrown into the mix, and the ending was satisfying enough. If you're looking for a lighthearted, animated film, then Epic would be the movie for you.




I was invited as a guest to an Advanced Screening of Epic.

Check out the trailer below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...