Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early Movie Review: Pacific Rim directed by Guillermo del Toro

Pacific Rim poster
Title: Pacific Rim
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Producer: Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Guillermo del Toro, Mary Parent
Screenplay: Travis Beacham, Guillermo del Toro
Story by: Travis Beacham
Rating: PG-13
Release Date: July 12, 2013
For more info on the movie visit the official site HERE

My thoughts:

        So, last night I saw an advanced screening of Pacific Rim, yeah, awesome giant robots called Jaegers that battle monsters—that also happen to be you know, GIANT—rising out of the sea. Uh-huh, what’s not to like about that? That’s the point, Pacific Rim was my kind of movie. It blended near-apocalyptic elements perfectly with technology only found in science fiction!

          Raleigh Becket, oh gosh, the guy started out as a Jaeger pilot that came off as a little too arrogant for his own good. But certain events changed him, and in the end he had to live with those decisions. Then there was Mako Mori, once I knew her history, I understood where she was coming from. There were other characters, but I won’t go into that. I don’t think I could say much about certain ones without spoiling the entire movie. Although, I will say that one of my favorite characters from the movie was Dr. Newton Geizler, the guy was spontaneous and reckless when it came to his research.

      Oh, the plot of Pacific Rim, it was fast paced despite the length of the movie, and the dialogue was kept in check. Almost from the very beginning the action started as mankind tried to take a stand against the invaders, Kaiju. The technology behind the Jaegers was pretty impressive, and the concept in itself was enough to grab my attention. It wasn’t all just mindless fighting.  There was a story to it that I liked seeing. At times, the movie left me questioning the decisions of a few characters, and the ending…no, on second thought I don’t think I’ll say anything about that.   Because I want to be as vague as possible about this, I’ll just end this review here since I could go on all day. But if you want to know how it ends, well, you’ll have to see Pacific Rim for yourself to find out, because I’m not telling you. {Actual rating 4.5}


I won tickets to an advanced screening.
 


Check out the trailer below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...