Friday, October 28, 2022

The Friday 56 (224) & Book Beginnings: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.


Synopsis from Goodreads...
Obsessed with creating life itself, Victor Frankenstein plunders graveyards for the material to fashion a new being, which he shocks into life with electricity. But his botched creature, rejected by Frankenstein and denied human companionship, sets out to destroy his maker and all that he holds dear. Mary Shelley's chilling Gothic tale was conceived when she was only eighteen, living with her lover Percy Shelley near Byron's villa on Lake Geneva. It would become the world's most famous work of horror fiction, and remains a devastating exploration of the limits of human creativity.


Beginning: "You will rejoice to hear that no disaster has accompanied the commencement of an enterprise which you have regarded with such evil forebodings."

56: "Oh! No mortal could support the horror of that countenance."


Comments: I'm glad to have this classic off my TBR list. Frankenstein was just as good as I thought it would be. What are you reading this week?


15 comments:

  1. Glad to know you thought it was a good book. I've had it on my TBR for years and haven't quite managed to read it yet. Moving it up the list...

    My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankenstein is easily one of the best classic novels I've read so far, and I hope you enjoy it once you get to it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  2. What a great read for this time of year. I've thought about reading this one again. I read it in high school and really enjoyed it. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect kind of book to read during September-October, and I'm glad to finally cross it off my TBR list. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the film but would not attempt reading the novel. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  4. I want to read this! I am glad that you enjoyed it.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/28/friday-56-the-moose-paradox-by-antti-tuomainen/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  5. It's been a long time since I read this one. It's the perfect time of year to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  6. It's been a long time since I read this one. It's the perfect book for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed it. I am reading The Lost Melody by Joanna Davidson Politano. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  8. I have never read Frankenstein. Perhaps I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...