Friday, February 9, 2024

The Friday 56 (245) & Book Beginnings: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE**Note: Freda @ Freda's Voice is taking a break from The Friday 56; Anne @Head is Full of Books is hosting for now.**

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.


Synopsis from Goodreads...
If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take? Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.One Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.Ronan is one of the raven boys - a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface - changing everything in its wake.

Beginning: " A secret is a strange thing."

56: "Just as suddenly as they'd started, both of the machines went quiet."


Comments: I really liked this one, and I look forward to continuing the series. What are you reading this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Great first line. Have a wonderful weekend, Breana ☕📚🐉🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Interesting opening. It grabs your attention. Looks like a good series. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I'm enjoying the series so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed The Dream Thieves. What a great title, and I really like the excerpts you shared. Both have me wanting to know more. I really hope to read this series someday. I hope you have a great weekend, Breana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! And I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this series and the author. I've enjoyed everything she has written that I've read. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that since, once I'm done with The Raven Cycle, I want to check out some of Stiefvater's other novels too, especially The Scorpio Races. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  5. This series and this author are new to me. I'm glad to see how much you enjoyed the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. ...how much you enjoyed *this book in the series.*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great opener. It makes me curious for more. Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...