Friday, September 18, 2015

The Friday 56 (36) Doctor Who: Royal Blood by Una McCormack

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

Synopsis from Goodreads...

“The Grail is a story, a myth! It didn’t exist on your world! It can’t exist here!”

The city-state of Varuz is failing. Duke Aurelian is the last of his line, his capital is crumbling, and the armies of his enemy, Duke Conrad, are poised beyond the mountains to invade. Aurelian is preparing to gamble everything on one last battle. So when a holy man, the Doctor, comes to Varuz from beyond the mountains, Aurelian asks for his blessing in the war.

But all is not what it seems in Varuz. The city-guard have lasers for swords, and the halls are lit by electric candlelight. Aurelian’s beloved wife, Guena, and his most trusted knight, Bernhardt, seem to be plotting to overthrow their Duke, and Clara finds herself drawn into their intrigue...

Will the Doctor stop Aurelian from going to war? Will Clara’s involvement in the plot against the Duke be discovered? Why is Conrad’s ambassador so nervous? And who are the ancient and weary knights who arrive in Varuz claiming to be on a quest for the Holy Grail…?

Doctor Who: Royal Blood"He frowned at me, but we had been friends for many years, and I did not fear his anger on my own account. I was conscious, too, of the Doctor, watching this whole scene unfold, and while I still knew little about him, I did not want to give too much away."--Doctor Who: Royal Blood by Una McCormack


Have you ever read any of the Doctor Who books?

28 comments:

  1. Ooooh how I love me some Doctor!!! I'm just waiting now for my son to decide to start reading them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read any of The Who books, Your tease makes me wonder what's up with his friend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the time then definitely check them out. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I've never read any of the Doctor Who books but I love the series.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the series which is why I finally decided to give the books a try. Thanks for stopping by. :D

      Delete
  4. Doctor Who! You can't go wrong there. I haven't read any of the Peter Capaldi as the Doctor books yet. However, I did really like Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel by Jonathan Morris. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that one so thanks for mentioning it! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I have never read the Doctor Who books, but now I am tempted! Enjoy...and thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “HOUSE OF GLASS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'm not familiar with Doctor Who books but this one sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not wanting to give too much away is appropriate for the meme ;) My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I didn't even notice that when I chose the quote. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any of the Doctor Who books though I love the show. This sound perfect for helping me with my withdrawal until the new season starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely check them out if you have the chance (and there are a lot of them to choose from). Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. I love me some doctor who but I am not sure about this new doctor...he looks so old...lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never gotten in to Doctor Who, I should probably do something about that. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope. I've watched the show for years but never read one of the books. Maybe I should!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/18/the-friday-56-78-the-flip/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was like that too. It was only recently that I began to get more of the books. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  12. I never got into Doctor Who, but I've heard great things about the books and the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never read or watched Dr. Who. I've been told to many times though.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    Your book sounds full of intrigue. Haven't read Dr. Who.
    Thanks for stopping by my place.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get back to reading Doctor Who books. I love Capaldi, and adore Clara.I am not ready for a new companion!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...