Monday, December 9, 2019

Music Monday (97): Tinashe, Caravan Palace

   Rules:
  • Music Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren Stoolfire at Always Me that asks you to share one or two songs that you've recently enjoyed. For the rules, visit the page HERE 
Breana: It has been kind of busy on my end these past couple of weeks, and I’m finally getting back to participating in Music Monday. I’m currently listening to Tinashe’s new album, Songs For You. It’s a solid album, and I have to admit that this is my favorite body-of-work by Tinishe to date. The sound and the feel of it reminded me of some of Tinashe’s earlier music, as well as hip-hop and R&B from the 90’s and early 2000’s. Songs For You has so many good tracks to choose from—like Know Better, Life’s Too Short, Stormy Weather and Hopscotch, just to name a few—so it was a little hard to pick just one to focus on today. I ultimately went with two of my favorites: Save Room For Us and Story Of Us.



I enjoyed all of the songs from Songs For You mainly because of how well it demonstrated Tinashe’s vocal capability. Plus the lyrics and beats were excellent. I recommend giving the whole album a listen.


Adri: So, according to my 2019 Spotify Wrapped, I've listened to Caravan Palace for a total of 74 hours and my favorite song is About You. I can't dispute that, so About You featuring Charles X is my pick for today.




If you have Spotify, what was your most listened to song/artist/album? If not, what are you listening to this week?




8 comments:

  1. always good to meet new to me artists. thanks for sharing
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Amazon or Apple music so I have no idea what I listened to most lol but I do like all of these songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the songs. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of the other artist featured, but she has a gorgeous voice.
    I think that might be Caravan Palace's best album yet. Super Sonic's is my favorite from the album.
    Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supersonics is a great song too. I love their other albums, but I can't get enough of Chronologic. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I do like Caravan Palace! :) Thanks for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I can listen to them all day, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...