Friday, April 9, 2021

The Friday 56 (197) & Book Beginnings: The Case Study of Vanitas Vol. 7 by Jun Mochizuki

  
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Synopsis from Goodreads...

Chloe is ready to begin her revenge plot and get what she has always wanted - that is, until Vanitas and the Chasseurs showed up. But without his book, Vanitas can do little to help, so it's up to Noé and his vampire hunter allies to buy some time, so Vanitas can work a little magic...


Beginning: ""It's all right, Vanitas. I'll win......this time!""

56: "Existence stabilized."


Comments: And I'm finally out of volumes for The Case Study of Vanitas.  This story arc has been a ride, and I'm excited to see how it ends in the next volume. Vol. 8 comes out in May, so the wait won't be too long. My 56 is from a few pages before, since the actual page fifty-six is one big spoiler. What are you reading this week. 

17 comments:

  1. Not my usual read, but I do love the cover, and the snippets are tempting. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I really need to check this series out. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  3. I am glad you are enjoying this series and hope the conclusion lives up to the rest! Have a great weekend, Breana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. This has been one of the best story arcs in the series so far, and I'm looking forward to its conclusion in the next volume + what happens after. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was. Luckily for me, there are more volumes to come. The story is still going, and I'm looking forward to where the next arc takes the characters in vol. 8. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Sounds really good. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-D

      Delete
  9. Ooh this sounds intriguing! I might have to look up the first volume to see where the story begins. I hope you enjoy the next volume when it comes out! Thanks for dropping by my post and I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...