Monday, June 21, 2021

Music Monday (161): Simon Neil, Laura Mvula, Maroon 5, Megan Thee Stallion, Copyright, Kathy Brown

 Rules:

  • Music Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren Stoolfire at Always Me that asks you to share one or two songs that you've recently enjoyed. For the rules, visit the page HERE 
Breana: There has been so many new songs lately, and I feel like I can't keep up with it all. I really have to pick and choose what I'm going to talk about and when I'm going to do it. For today, I decided to stick to a familiar artist and a cover by someone who's new to me. 

As I've said before, I'm really excited for Laura Mvula's upcoming album. It's not out yet, but last week she released another song from it. What Matter's is a duet, and it's one of my favorites so far. When I found out who the second artist on the track was (Simon Neil), I stumbled onto this cover he did for Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill.

 


Adri: Another reprise. It is Never Again by Kathy Brown and Copyright. Last week I mentioned it in my reply to Greg, but I wanted to say it again. Reprises are my favorite because they are extended versions of songs. I really wish more songs had them. And even though this song is already long, as you may know, I love long songs.



Andrea: Hi all! I'm listening to Lost by Maroon 5 and Beautiful Mistakes by Maroon 5 featuring Megan Thee Stallion. Have an amazing week all!

 



What are you listening to?



6 comments:

  1. I like that Simon Neil cover. And the Mvula song is really nice. She has an amazing voice, really.

    I like Reprises too. And when an artist does an extended or funky mix- those are always great. :) Never Agaon (both versions) are so fun and have an awesome beat.

    Love the Maroon 5 video. I like it when videos kind of tell a story. That seascape... plus mermaids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon Neil's cover is one of my favorite versions of Running Up That Hill. I'm also glad that Mvula is back. I really missed her voice. And I agree with you. Some of my favorite types of music videos have a cinematic, storytelling, or thematic quality to them.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Some great songs! I love Never Again and Lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked our picks. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing more from Laura Mvula. I like her sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked What Matters. It's a great song and one of my favorite singles from the album so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...