Friday, July 9, 2021

The Friday 56 (202) & Book Beginnings: Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You by Scotto Moore

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.

Synopsis from Goodreads...
Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You is a story of music, obsession, violence, and madness by Scotto Moore

I was home alone on a Saturday night when I experienced the most beautiful piece of music I had ever heard in my life...

Beautiful Remorse is the hot new band on the scene, releasing one track a day for ten days straight. Each track has a mysterious name and a strangely powerful effect on the band's fans. A curious music blogger decides to investigate the phenomenon up close by following Beautiful Remorse on tour across Texas and Kansas, realizing along the way that the band's lead singer, is hiding an incredible, impossible secret.


Beginning: "Took me hours to even begin to understand what had happened, actually."

56: "Conveniently, those of you in the Houston area have a chance to find out TONIGHT."


Comments: Two of my most recent reads have been music related things, and I have to say that I enjoyed them both. The latest was this one: Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You by Scotto Moore. It was great, and I enjoyed reading it. My beginning comes from the second sentence, because the opening line is actually in the synopsis above. What are you reading this week? 


19 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds super intriguing! I'm going to have to look this one up because I'm already curious and have theories about this secret! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it for some of the same reasons you mentioned. I had an idea of what the secret could have been, but the story surprised me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds so good! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very vague. I'm curious for more. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning of the story is best described as somewhat vague, but it created an air of mystery that kept me reading. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really suspenseful. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I'm already so intrigued! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound good! It's always fun when a protagonist is a blogger. I am glad you enjoyed this one. Have a great week, Breana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought while reading Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This book sounds like one that is right up my alley. I am adding it to my TBR! My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to read it, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I think I'm going to have to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...