Wednesday, December 21, 2022

2022 Favorites Part 2: Movies, TV Shows, & Music

Welcome to the second part of my Favorites of 2022 post. Today, I’m going to talk about my favorite movies, TV shows, and albums of the year.

I’ve been enjoying a lot of older TV shows and movies in 2022. Murder She Wrote, Agatha Christie’s Marple, Hercule Poirot—weekly mystery staples. But, there’s also Svengoolie on Saturdays, which shows old science fiction and horror movies. On the other side, there’s stuff like the original Star Trek, MacGuyver, Knight Rider, Vega$, and Hawaii Five-O. I also watched The Matrix again, and I rediscovered how much I loved it.

Some other stuff includes the yearly cooking competitions, as well as Abbott Elementary. The latter is such a fun series to watch, and each episode usually gets a laugh out of me. I also finally saw Encanto, and that movie was just charming. Then there was Sonic 1 and 2, and they were just as good as I thought they were going to be.

Most of what I watched tended to be on Netflix though, but, in my defense, they had a lot of good series and movies come out in 2022. The Adam Project was an action flick with a strong science fiction element and great visuals. The Curse of Bridge Hollow was spooky and funny. Wendell & Wild was an easy favorite for me. And I loved the stop-motion animation, music, and story. I’m a little behind with The Cuphead Show!, but the first season was so charming and the visuals basically identical to the game, it’s easily one of my favorite shows of the year. Then I checked out Mr. Midnight: Beware the Monsters, and, wow, it was so good that I ended up binging all of the episodes. Lastly, I watched a romantic-comedy called Business Proposal. It was so funny, and the characters were fantastic.

Moving on to music, my top-favorites were: Renaissance by Beyoncé, Special by Lizzo, Caprisongs by FKA Twigs, Dawn FM by The Weeknd, Traumazine by Meghan Thee Stallion, and Dirt Femme by Tove Lo. Some pleasant surprises were Rina Swayama’s Hold The Girl, Taylor Swift’s Midnights, The Gods We Can Touch by Aurora, and Motordrome by MØ. Some other good ones were Harry’s House by Harry Styles, Hypnos by Ravyn Lenae, and Tierra Whacks three very short Eps (Rap?, Pop?, and R&B?). Then there was Remi Wolf’s 2021 debut album, Juno, which was fantastic. And, finally, Magdalena Bay released a deluxe version of their album, Mercurial World, which added a lot to the original.

**Note: I Listened To and What I’ve Been Watching posts can be found under the Thought Corner label.**

So that’s all on my end. What were some of your 2022 favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...