Friday, December 16, 2022

Short Stories I Read In November

Since I’m going to be on break from blogging in the latter half of December, I decided to post my monthly short story post a bit early. So it’s time to talk about the short stories, miscellaneous posts, and podcast episodes I read or listened to in November.

Ineffective by Ken Poyner (Strange Horizons; Issue 17 October 2022)

The first thing I tackled in November was a piece of poetry on Strange Horizons called Ineffective by Ken Poyner. This poem feels very for-the-times, but I liked it. The way it was written was great with “light” as a metaphor in a poem that’s clear about its approach to climate and capitalism.

The Lonely Time Traveler of Kentish Town by Nadia Afifi (Clarkesworld; Issue 194—November 2022)

And my next (and last) short fiction read in November was a novelette called The Lonely Time Traveler of Kentish Town. This is the first story I’ve read by Nadia Afifi, and I was hooked by the first paragraph. It featured a pretty unique version of time travel, and I liked the way it was woven into the timely commentary at the center of the story. Overall, The Lonely Time Traveler of Kentish Town was an excellent read!

From around the web…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...