Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ARC Review: Mila 2.0

Mila 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)Previously posted on my Goodreads page
Title: Mila 2.0 (Click title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Won, Bound ARC
Age Range: YA
Publisher/Publication Date: Katherine Tegen Books March 12, 2013


My Thoughts:

Debra Driza’s debut YA Novel, Mila 2.0, is a well written adrenaline-charged sci-fi thriller. It’s an original depiction of a teenage android integrated into society who doesn’t realize that she is far from human. The story is told from Mila’s point of view (POV) and Driza does a great job of capturing Mila’s voice. Mila is a strong willed character yet likable because she stands by her convictions. She also has difficulty suppressing her emotions, which is a hint at her imperfections. After there is a turn of events, Mila realizes that she isn’t exactly human. And her behavior leads to a host of problems that puts her and her “mother” in one sticky situation after another as they try to evade the people they’re running from.

There is a light romantic element that involves Mila and Hunter, a student from her high school. Although Hunter seems likable enough-well almost too perfect- I have reservations about him. I just can’t wait for the subsequent books to find out if my suspicions are correct.

Driza’s novel is filled with creative elements and is a great start to the trilogy. I am definitely looking forward to the release of book 2.

I absolutely loved it.  I would recommend it to everyone.
 
I won an ARC of Mila 2.0 from the-society.net. Thank you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...