Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review: Unbroken by Paul Morris

Unbroken (Ruined, #2) Title: Unbroken (Click title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Purchased, Hardback
Age Range: YA
Publisher/ Publication Date: Scholastic Inc., February 1, 2013



My thoughts:


    It was some years ago that I was first introduced to Paula Morris’s work with Ruined.  It was a charming ghost story, with mystery, intrigue, hints of romance, and masterful storytelling.  I’ve reread my copy of Ruined so many times that the cover is now tattered, and I was ecstatic to learn that there was in fact a sequel.

     When my copy finally arrived, it didn’t take me long to read it.  Unbroken was an awesome follow-up to Ruined, and I really enjoyed it.  All of my favorite characters were back in the original setting, New Orleans.  Once again, Rebecca Brown was dealing with another ghost who seemed to need her help.  As a reader, I liked the fact that things weren’t perfect with Anton, Rebecca’s boyfriend, and a former friend of Helena Bowman.  There were a few more new characters, but mostly, I felt like loose ends from the first book were being tied-up.  The ending was really nice, and I look forward to reading future work by Morris.

I like it.  I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...