Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ARC Review: The Seven Swords Nils Johnson-Shelton

The Seven SwordsPreviously posted on my Goodreads page
Title: The Seven Swords (Click title for Synopsis)
Source/Format: Goodreads First Reads (Harper Collins Children’s Books) thank you, Bound ARC
Age Range: Middle Grade
Publisher/Publication Date: Harper Collins, January 2, 2013

My Thoughts:

     One word: epic. This book was spontaneous and completely unpredictable. You thought you knew what was going on, and who was on whose side, but that’s not the case. For a middle-grade book, I was more than satisfied. The Seven Swords was the kind of book that I’d like to see as a movie.

As for being new to Johnson-Shelton’s work, I was unsure of what to expect, but my mind was blown. The characters were just fabulous. Erik, by far, was my favorite character, and his antics had me laughing out-loud at some points. I also liked seeing him transition from this meek child to one of Artie’s most valuable assets. And then there was Qwon. Her tactics for gaining her captor’s trust and planning her escape were just downright hilarious. Artie and Kay were also just as interesting. Artie’s loyalty to his friends really showed his noble trait, and made me root for him the entire time.

The storyline was non-stop action. I felt like I knew what was going to happen next just as another curveball was thrown. The shockers that happened throughout the book had me questioning some of the characters motives. I literally did not want to stop reading The Seven Swords. Overall, I really liked this book, and I can’t wait to see what happens in the next Otherworld Chronicles novel. Five stars! (I wish it could be six stars.) Now that I’ve read this amazing book, I will definitely read The Invisible Tower, the first book in the Otherworld Chronicles.
I absolutely loved it.  I would recommend it to everyone.


For a summary click the book cover above, which will take you to Goodreads, or the Browse Inside this Book on the widget below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...