Monday, June 15, 2015

Musing Mondays (33)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm, that asks you to muse about something book related each week.

My Musings for the Week...

Today, since I don't really have much to talk about, I decided that I'm just going to answer the random weekly question: Do you have a favorite book from childhood? What is it?

The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)I have a lot of favorite books from when I was younger, but the most notable ones that I remember were the Spiderwick Chronicles written by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. I remember reading the books and just loving the story, characters, setting, and the fairies and everything that happened because of them. The illustrations were also nice and the style always fit with the story. I believe this was the series that got me into fantasy novels to begin with.

The Ironwood Tree (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #4)I’m also pretty sure that I even got a copy of Arthur Spiderwick’s Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You and The Spiderwick Chronicles: Notebook for Fantastical Observations. Yeah, I was sort of building a collection of Spiderwick stuff, which was why I was a little disappointed in the movie which changed almost too many things. Anyway, after finishing the Spiderwick Chronicles, I kept reading, moving on to other series like Artemis Fowl by Eoin ColferThe Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley and Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King) by Jenny Nimmo.

What are some of your favorite books from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...