Friday, March 10, 2017

The Friday 56 (97) & Book Beginnings: The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice where every Friday you pick a book and turn to page 56 or 56%, and select a sentence or a few, as long as it's not a spoiler. For the full rules, visit the the page HERE
Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading.
18798983Synopsis from Goodreads...

One Life to One Dawn...

In a land ruled by a murderous boy-king, each dawn brings heartache to a new family. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, is a monster. Each night he takes a new bride only to have a silk cord wrapped around her throat come morning. When sixteen-year-old Shahrzad's dearest friend falls victim to Khalid, Shahrzad vows vengeance and volunteers to be his next bride. Shahrzad is determined not only to stay alive, but to end the caliph's reign of terror once and for all. Night after night, Shahrzad beguiles Khalid, weaving stories that enchant, ensuring her survival, though she knows each dawn could be her last.

But something she never expected begins to happen: Khalid is nothing like what she'd imagined him to be. This monster is a boy with a tormented heart. Incredibly, Shahrzad finds herself falling in love. How is this possible? It's an unforgivable betrayal. Still, Shahrzad has come to understand all is not as it seems in this palace of marble and stone. She resolves to uncover whatever secrets lurk and, despite her love, be ready to take Khalid's life as retribution for the many lives he's stolen. Can their love survive this world of stories and secrets?

Inspired by A Thousand and One Nights, The Wrath and the Dawn is a sumptuous and enthralling read from beginning to end...
Beginning: "It would not be a welcome dawn."

56: "She ignored his meaningful tone as she reached back for another arrow. After she fitted it into position on the sinewed bowstring, her eyes darted to his face.
Comments: I've been looking forward to The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh for a long time. I can't really say much about this book yet since I'm still reading it. So far, the story is pretty good.

What series have you recently started?

19 comments:

  1. How could she fall in love with a man who murders a woman every night. Makes me wonder what's really going on. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCCAAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically the one question I had after looking at the synopsis before actually reading the book. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this one and hope you do too. I have a YA fantasy this week - Hunted by Meghan Spooner. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :-)

      Delete
  3. Great excerpts...and I love the cover, too. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend! :D

      Delete
  4. I immediately thought of A Thousand and One Nights when reading the synopsis! This sounds like an exotic love story that I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features Blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  5. This one captured me with it's synopsis. I have a feeling there's much more to it if she falls in love with the man who killed so many women, including her friend. I'd definitely read it.

    My Friday 56 from The Roanoke Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same thought I had when I first read the synopsis. I wanted to know the reason why main character fell in love with Khalid. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. This was a good one! Hope you like it!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this duology. I really enjoy Ahdier's writing. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this book, though I would have liked more of the actual stories that she tells at night. Now I want to read the second book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much agree with you. The stories that were actual told in the book were pretty interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I have this one on my wishlist! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...