Friday, April 29, 2022

Short Stories I Read In March

 

It’s the twenty-ninth of April. So it’s time to talk about the short stories, miscellaneous posts, and podcast episodes I read or listened to in March.

The Pigeon Keeper’s Daughter by Su-Yee Lin (Strange Horizons; Issue: 7 March 2022)

The first short story I tackled in March was The Pigeon Keeper’s Daughter. This was an interesting story. Set in Taipei, it’s about the daughter of a pigeon keeper going about her daily life until she begins to notice strange happenings surrounding her (it involved birds). There were a lot of metaphorical moments as well as political messaging woven into the story alongside the light fantasy parts. I liked this one.

The Kaleidoscopic Visitor by Shaoni C. White (Uncanny Magazine; Issue Forty-Five)

The second and last short story I read in March was Shaoni C. White’s The Kaleidoscopic Visitor. This was another good one. It’s well written with a clear theme, and I liked what they did with the titular Kaleidoscopic Visitor.

From Around the Web…

2 comments:

Comments are appreciated and always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...